Is your home in need of repairs?
Is your landlord ignoring you?

Housing Disrepair Solicitors in Oxford and Oxfordshire

You are in good hands!

Are you living in accommodation provided by Oxfordshire council or a local housing association? Social housing may be an affordable way for people to rent, but it also comes with its own problems. Sadly, housing disrepair is a common problem for people living in rented accommodation and the tenant quite often has to endure multiple disrepair issues from faulty doors and windows to damp and mould.

If you are up to date with your rent and have informed your housing association or council landlord about the issue, they have a duty of care to you to fix it. This is especially true of the essential structural repairs of the house, such as windows, doors, hot water and sanitation. When you report a repair and the landlord does not correct the matter in a reasonable time, you may be eligible to claim housing disrepair.

Don’t suffer in silence any longer. Seek the help of a leading housing disrepair solicitor in Oxfordshire, England. We will listen to you, answer your questions and give you free and impartial advice about your disrepair matter. We operate on a No Win No Fee basis, providing you with all the support you need to file a housing disrepair compensation claim.

The housing disrepair claim check list

Can you answer yes to the following questions? If so, please get in touch so that we can discuss your case further:

Are you renting your home from the council or a housing association?

Are your rent payments up to date?

Is your landlord responsible for the disrepair?

Has the disrepair been reported to your landlord?

Has your landlord failed to repair the issue within a reasonable amount of time?

Process your disrepair claim in 3 easy steps with us

SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Talk to our experts

1. Get in Touch

Are you a council or housing association tenant? Contact us and tell us about your matter. We work on a 100% No Win No Fee basis, so you won’t pay a penny unless we win. Give as much information as you can. The more information you can provide, the better chance of successfully resolving your case. The initial assessment is always free and with no obligation to engage afterwards. Call 020 8578 7778.

SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Gathering evidences, signing paperwork

2. Build Your Case

Let our experts do all the legal work for you. We will explain what documents you need to provide so that we can process your application. Once received, our disrepair lawyers will complete and submit the necessary documents to counterparties and courts.

Housing disrepair compensation claim. Beautiful family standing in front of their house

3. Success

Remove the stress by having our disrepair lawyer by your side. Let us do the hard work. We will keep you updated every step of the way resulting in a successful outcome.

Don’t hesitate, take action now

Types of housing disrepair

Take legal action now to protect your health and safety

Get in touch with housing disrepair solicitors

We make it easy for you to speak with our disrepair experts

    Request a Call Back

    A free case assessment from one of our disrepair experts

    Who is your landlord:

    The best time to call you:

    Use the online chat on our website

    Call us on 020 8578 7778

    E-mail us

    Visit us at our office. We are open Monday-Friday 9am - 5.30pm

    When you first contact us, we will ask for some initial details. You can be assured that everything you discuss with us will be completely confidential, and any information stored by us will be in accordance with UK data protection regulations.

    At SilverOak Solicitors, we provide our clients with regular updates using a range of secure platforms such as video calls, voice calls, and secure messaging, all for your convenience!

    Read recent client reviews

    Why choose SilverOak Solicitors?

    No Win No Fee

    We work on a No Win No Fee basis for personal injury and housing disrepair claims. We only take on cases we are confident we can win. If we lose, you don’t pay our fees.

    Highly Experienced

    Our highly experienced solicitors and consultants have secured millions of pounds in compensation.

    Excellent Client Care

    You’ll have a dedicated file handler and senior solicitor working on your case so you won’t need to speak to lots of different people.

    SRA Regulated Law Firm

    We are a trustworthy SRA regulated law firm and member of The Law Society.

    Do you need legal assistance?

    Social Housing in Oxfordshire

    Oxfordshire County Council admit that there are huge waiting lists for council house properties. Although they describe the private landlord market as ‘buoyant,’ they also admit that the rental prices are far above housing benefit levels.

    Social housing accommodation in Oxford are generally found in the following areas:

    • Blackbird Leys
    • Grimsbury
    • Littlemore
    • Lockinge Estate
    • Madley Park
    • Neithrop
    • Risinghurst
    • Ruscote
    • Waterways in Oxford
    • Wolvercote

    The problem with this housing stock is that many council buildings were erected back in the 1960’s or even earlier. This means that housing disrepair in Oxford is very common. You can contact us to employ our services as a housing disrepair solicitor.

    Housing Associations in Oxford

    Oxford has a large number of housing associations to choose from. If your housing association or charity home needs repairs and your landlord refuses to make those repairs, you can still file a claim against your housing association in Oxford as long as you have paid your rent.

    Housing Associations in Oxford include the following areas:

    • Charles Ponsonby House – Anchor
    • Cunliffe close
    • Oxfordshire Community Land Trust
    • Hanover Housing Association Ltd
    • Oxfordshire Mind Housing
    • Aspire Oxford
    • Oxford Citizens Housing Association Ltd
    • St Luke’s Housing Society Ltd
    • Oxford Housing Association
    • Anchor – Vicarage court
    • Stonham Home Group
    • Catalyst Housing Ltd

    What is considered disrepair?

    If a rented property needs repairs in order to ensure the safety and liveability of its occupants, it is considered to be in a state of disrepair. The law states that any rental accommodations in England and Wales must satisfy minimal standards of hygiene, safety, sanitation, and resilience, and be suitable for human habitation, regardless of its age or state.

    Seek the help of a Housing Disrepair Solicitor in Oxfordshire

    Living in social housing in Oxford allows those on low or moderate incomes to access the rental housing market without paying the exorbitant fees of standard landlords. Those who need help to live alone or who are escaping a dangerous situation can all find help from the council or the housing associations in order to receive a stable home for both long-term and short-term rental.

    You can claim against Oxford Council or your housing association landlord if they refuse to make repairs you have requested and those repairs are necessary to maintain good health. Start a free No Win No Fee compensation claim today by calling our experts on 020 8578 7778. We will not only help you get the necessary repairs made to your home, but we also fight for your maximum compensation.

    How much can I claim for housing disrepair?

    Every housing disrepair matter varies in severity, so we cannot determine how much you may be entitled until we assess your case. This is a detailed list of the things you can claim for:

    Damage to Property:

    If your personal property has been damaged, from mould or a leak for example, you will be able to claim for the expense of replacing or repairing these items.

    Personal Injury:

    Housing disrepair can cause a number of adverse health effects, including:

    • Pneumonia
    • Asthma
    • Gastrointestinal problems
    • Carbon monoxide poisoning
    • Depression and anxiety

    Furthermore, if you or a family has suffered as a result of your landlord’s negligence you can claim compensation for:

    • Medical costs
    • Aftercare
    • Medication
    • Pain and suffering

    General Inconvenience and Suffering:

    You do not need to have suffered an injury to claim compensation. You can receive compensation if the disrepair has caused you inconvenience and suffering.

    What evidence do I need to make a claim?

    Your disrepair evidence can include:

    • Photographs
    • Videos
    • Witness Statements
    • Medical Records
    • Police Records
    • Diary Entries
    • Damaged Belongings
    • Receipts

    Are you afraid of your aggressive landlord?

    If you feel nervous that your landlord may act aggressively towards you due to the fact that you have made a complaint, we can handle the settlement agreement and all the future interactions. You have nothing to worry about. Your lawyer will be the person to speak to your landlord instead of you.

    Do you need legal support making your housing disrepair claim?

    Making a housing disrepair claim

    Has your landlord failed to make repairs to your home?

    Our highly experienced housing disrepair solicitors will fight for your repairs and compensation on a NO WIN NO FEE basis. Contact us for a free consultation.

    If your rented home falls below a reasonable living standard because it has damp, mould or other issues, you could make a claim for compensation. You must have reported the issues and given your landlord a reasonable amount of time to repair the issues. If they have not you can make a claim for damage, personal injury, financial loss and/or nuisance.

    Your landlord is responsible for the above repairs irrespective of what your tenancy agreement says. Your landlord may be responsible for additional repairs stated in your tenancy agreement.

    Claims can be made either during your tenancy or after your tenancy, as long as you are making the claim within 6 years of the date that you informed your landlord of the disrepair. Personal injury claims related to housing disrepair must be made within 3 years of the date that you informed your landlord.

    Your landlord may not be responsible for repairs if they are a result of you either not taking care of the property properly or doing something unreasonable.

    Related articles to housing disrepair

    Housing disrepair solicitor near you

    Are you looking for a housing disrepair solicitor? You are in the right place. We’ve been serving the local community for years and have earned a solid reputation. We are a friendly law firm based in London with a nationwide reach. We know that the law can be very complex so it’s important to have an expert by your side. Whether you need us to help or just want to learn more about your options, we are happy to assist.

    Open chat
    Scan the code
    SilverOak Solicitors
    Hello, how can we help you?