Our trusted solicitors are here to help

Making a claim: other disrepair

Has your landlord failed to make repairs to your home? Our highly experienced housing disrepair solicitors will fight for your repairs and compensation on a NO WIN NO FEE basis. Contact us for a free consultation.

If your rented home falls below a reasonable living standard because it has damp, mould or other issues, you could make a claim for compensation. You must have reported the issues and given your landlord a reasonable amount of time to repair the issues. If they have not you can make a claim for damage, personal injury, financial loss and/or nuisance.

Your landlord is responsible for the above repairs irrespective of what your tenancy agreement says. Your landlord may be responsible for additional repairs stated in your tenancy agreement.

Claims can be made either during your tenancy or after your tenancy, as long as you are making the claim within 6 years of the date that you informed your landlord of the disrepair. Personal injury claims related to housing disrepair must be made within 3 years of the date that you informed your landlord.

Your landlord may not be responsible for repairs if they are a result of you either not taking care of the property properly or doing something unreasonable.

You can process your housing disrepair claim in 3 easy steps with us:

1. Get in Touch

Are you a council or housing association tenant? If so, contact us and tell us about your housing disrepair case. We work on a no win no fee basis, so you won’t pay a penny unless we win. Give us as much information as you can. The more information you provide, the better chance of successfully maximising your compensation claim.

2. Talk to Experts

Avoid the stress, let our experts do all the legal work for you. Our housing disrepair solicitors can help you gather and complete the necessary documents.

3. Compensation

Let us do the hard work. Remove anxiety by having our housing disrepair solicitor by your side. We will keep you in the loop every step of the way from the start of your case to the very end.



There are several ways to make contact with the team at SilverOak Solicitors:


    Request a call from one of our housing disrepair advisors:

    Who is your landlord:

    What is the best time to call you:

    Use the online chat on our website

    Call us on 020 8578 7778

    E-mail us contact@silveroaksolicitors.com

    Visit us at our office. We are open Monday-Friday 9am - 5.30pm

    When you first contact us, we will ask for some initial details. You can be assured that everything you discuss with us will be completely confidential, and any information stored by us will be in accordance with UK data protection regulations.


    Read recent client reviews

    Why choose SilverOak Solicitors?

    No Win No Fee

    We work on a No Win No Fee basis for personal injury and housing disrepair claims. We only take on cases we are confident we can win. If we lose, you don’t pay our fees.

    Highly Experienced

    Our highly experienced solicitors and consultants have secured millions of pounds in compensation.

    Excellent Client Care

    You’ll have a dedicated file handler and senior solicitor working on your case so you won’t need to speak to lots of different people.

    SRA Regulated Law Firm

    We are a trustworthy SRA regulated law firm and member of The Law Society.