UK Visas: Family Visa,
Student Visa, Work Visa,
Business Visa, and more

SilverOak Solicitors are here to advise and support you at every step of your legal journey. Get in touch with us now to book your immigration consultation and begin the stress-free application process.

For immigration services, we provide competitive Fixed Fees, always with your best interests in mind.

    Request a Call Back

    Speak with one of our immigration experts

    Immigration services:

    The best time to call you:

    UK Visas: Family Visa,
    Student Visa, Work Visa,
    Business Visa, and more

    SilverOak Solicitors are here to advise and support you at every step of your legal journey. Get in touch with us now to book your immigration consultation and begin the stress-free application process.

    For immigration services, we provide competitive Fixed Fees, always with your best interests in mind.

      Request a Call Back

      Speak with one of our immigration experts

      Immigration services:

      The best time to call you:

      UK Visa Services

      Moving to the UK is a difficult, time-consuming process. The UK have laws that you must follow to avoid refusal of entry. You should not plan to travel to the UK without a visa unless your trip is a simple holiday. If you intend to live in the UK you must have visa document or the government are legally within their right to deport you. An immigration lawyer is your best defence against deportation. Speak to us from the outset to start protecting your rights.

      Process your visa application in 3 easy steps with us:

      SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Talk to our experts

      1. Get in Touch

      Let's chat about your immigration matter. The consultation fee is £75+VAT for 30 minutes. Our warm and friendly immigration experts will provide you with personalised advice, tailored just for you. We're here to make your immigration journey easy - discuss your case and provide you with all the information on your options. Call 020 8578 7778.

      SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Gathering evidences, signing paperwork

      2. Build Your Case

      Your immigration matter is in capable hands. If you choose to proceed with your matter, we'll deduct the consultation fee from your service cost. We'll guide you on the required documents, timing, and fees, handle the processing of your application, and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed and submitted to counterparties and courts. Let us take care of the entire process for you!

      SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Happy client

      3. Success

      Remove the stress by having our immigration lawyer by your side. Let our immigration experts handle all the legal work for you. We will keep you updated every step of the way resulting in a successful outcome.

      Don’t hesitate, take action now

      Wide range of UK Visas

      Visas are not a one-size-fits-all document. There are different types of visas depending on what activity you intend to do when you reach the UK, who you intend to do it with and why. These are the types of visa in the UK.

      Work Visa

      If you are seeking a professional career in the UK, you need to apply to the Home Office for a special permission to work. There are different types of visas depending on your skills and the nature of the industry you would like to work in such as Skilled Worker Visa, Health and Care Worker Visa, International Sportsperson Visa, Charity Worker Visa or Global Talent Visa. Remember, your employer (or sponsor) and the role you’ve been offered in the UK must be approved by the Home Office.

      Student Visa

      If you intend to study in the UK, you will need a Student Visa. These last for the duration of your course. If you break the rules or stop studying, they may deport you. In this case, hiring us can help keep you in the UK.

      Business Visa

      Our business immigration experts are here to navigate the intricacies of business visas. We specialise in securing visas tailored to your specific needs, including Business Visitor Visas, Innovator Visa, Start-up Visa, Global Business Mobility Visa, and Sponsor Licences. Our services include everything from initial consultation to application submission, ensuring a seamless process for both individuals and organisations.

      Family Visa

      Family Visas in the UK provide a way for individuals to join their relatives who are either settled residents or British citizens. Family Visas cover various categories, including those for partners/spouses, children, and dependant relatives. Speak with our immigration experts to learn more about the best possible solutions for your matter.

      Spouse Visa

      The Spouse Visa is for those moving to the UK to live with their existing partner. The government define a partner as someone with whom you are in a civil partnership or marriage that is recognised in the UK. Other definitions include partnerships where you have lived together for 2+ years, and fiancés, proposed civil partners or those who intend to marry within 6 months of legal UK entry. The rules here get quite complex so our lawyers can help explain it to you.

      UK Fiancé Visa

      The Fiancé Visa is for those coming to the UK to marry within 6 months. Your partner must sponsor the visa process. You must both be over eighteen and your partner must be a British citizen. Understanding the difference between a Spouse Visa and other types of partnership visa can be confusing. Speak to us for more information and our immigration expert will help to find the best solution for your case.

      Visitor Visa

      The Visitor Visa, or Tourist Visa, allows you to remain within the UK as a standard visitor for up to 6 months. This UK visa suits non-EEA nationals who want to backpack or linger to see the UK attractions or visit their family for a short time. There is a list of foreign nationals who require the Visitor Visa to stay in the UK.

      Family Visitor Visa UK

      For non-EEA nationals planning a visit to family in the UK, you will need a Standard Visitor Visa under the Family Visit Visa category. This visa allows for a stay of up to six months, facilitating your time with loved ones in the UK.

      Marriage Visit Visa

      A Marriage Visit Visa is for those considering marriage but who want to live together for a while first. This visa type expects you to enter a civil partnership or marriage within 6 months. Again, Marriage, Spouse, and Fiancé Visas can all be very similar. However, each requires an immigration lawyer for different reasons.

      Child Dependent Visa

      If one parent dies in a foreign country and the children need to move in with their British parent, they can use the Child Dependant Visa. This only applies to the under 18s.

      Adult Dependent Visa

      Not all adults are able to take care of themselves. For those coming to the UK to live with their carer as an adult, the Adult Dependent Visa can guide you. You may get help towards legal support depending on the rules of their care.

      UK Ancestry Visa

      The UK Ancestry Visa is for those whose grandparents were born in the Commonwealth. If you can prove you have British ancestry, they will allow a visa. We recommend you seek our legal advice on how to prove ancestry before you apply.

      British National Overseas Visa

      A British National Oversees Visa usually applies to residents of Hong Kong. If your parents are British nationals living in Hong Kong and you wish to return to the UK, you will need to apply for this visa.

      Other UK Visa Services

      Speak to our immigration experts to learn about the best solution tailored just for you.

      Competitive Prices with No Hidden Fees

      Rest assured, our competitive prices are fair and fixed with no hidden fees. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with one of our immigration experts. The consultation fee is £75+VAT for 30 minutes. If you decide to proceed with your matter, the consultation fee will be deducted from the service fee.

      The benefits of booking an immigration consultation

      Embark on your path to success with our expert guidance

      Understanding Options

      We want to assure you that you are never obligated to use our services. We understand that your matter is important to you, and during the consultation, we provide information to help you make an informed decision.

      Personalised Guidance

      During your immigration consultations we will provide you with personalised advice tailored to your specific circumstances. Our professional immigration experts can assess your situation and provide guidance based on current immigration laws and regulations.

      Clarifying Complex Processes

      Immigration processes can be complex and involve extensive paperwork. Our experts can simplify these processes, guiding you through the application steps, required documents, timing, costs, and any potential obstacles.

      Preventing Costly Mistakes

      Professional guidance can help you avoid common mistakes that could lead to delays or rejections in the immigration process. This proactive approach can save you time, money, and potential frustration.

      Assessment of Eligibility

      Our immigration experts can assess your eligibility for different immigration paths, and discuss the requirements you need to meet to qualify for your matter. This evaluation helps to increase the likelihood of a successful application.

      Get in touch with one of our immigration experts

      We make it easy for you to speak with our immigration experts

        Request a Call Back

        Speak with one of our immigration experts

        Immigration services:

        The best time to call you:

        Use the online chat on our website

        Call us on 020 8578 7778

        E-mail us

        Visit us at our office. We are open Monday-Friday 9am - 5.30pm

        When you first contact us, we will ask for some initial details. You can be assured that everything you discuss with us will be completely confidential, and any information stored by us will be in accordance with UK data protection regulations.

        Read recent client reviews

        We have excellent reviews on Review Solicitors and Google

        Why choose SilverOak Solicitors?

        Personal injury, housing disrepair, and immigration experts

        Fixed rates

        Our immigration services are based on Fixed Rates. You will know about all costs upfront, so there are no surprises.

        Highly Experienced

        Our highly experienced solicitors and consultants have secured millions of pounds in compensation.

        Excellent Client Care

        You’ll have a dedicated file handler and senior solicitor working on your case so you won’t need to speak to lots of different people.

        SRA Regulated Law Firm

        We are a trustworthy SRA regulated law firm and member of The Law Society.

        Do you need legal assistance with your visa application?


        Why you need a UK Visa


        The visa tells the UK government where you are staying, what work you intend to do, and other important information about you. It will include your name, passport number and date of birth. You will need a visa to live or work in any country outside of the UK if you are a British national.

        If you do not fill in the correct paperwork, the Secretary of State for the UK Home Office can bring legal action against you to have you removed. To legally move to the UK, you must complete a visa application. The visa is a document that tells the UK government you are in the country and what you intend to do when you arrive. You cannot legally move to or remain in the UK without a visa if you are a foreign national.

        How to apply for your visa


        You may need a visa from the Home Office if you plan to come to the UK to study, work, visit or join your family. The process requires documentation and supporting evidence which you must gather and provide. The documents change depending on the type of visa applied for. Also, the application form is lengthy and complex. The government may refuse you entry if do not complete the forms correctly or do not provide the required supporting evidence. This is why hiring an immigration lawyer to act on your behalf is a wise choice. Our immigration experts can advise you on what documents you will need and submit the application on your behalf in a timely fashion.

        Family Visas


        Family Visas play a crucial role in reuniting loved ones and ensuring the unity of families in the UK. These visas are designed to allow family members, such as spouses, children, and dependents, to join or remain with their loved ones who are already settled in the UK. Whether you’re seeking a Spouse Visa, Fiancé Visa, or a visa for dependent children or adults, navigating the complexities of family immigration law can be challenging. Our dedicated team of immigration experts is here to guide you through the process, providing personalised assistance and ensuring that you understand your options.

        Explore various routes to secure a UK family visa based on your unique circumstances:
        • Spouse or Partner: for individuals married to or in a partnership with a UK resident.
        • Parent: designed for parents of UK residents.
        • Child: for children of UK residents.
        • Dependent Relative: suitable for sickened, disabled, or elderly relatives in need of long-term care from a UK resident.
        • Private Life Basis: an option for those with an established private life in the UK.
        • Widowed Partner: specifically for the widowed partner of a former UK resident.
        • Separated Spouse or Partner: applicable for those in a separated marital or partnership status.

        Work Visas


        Work visas are essential for individuals seeking employment opportunities in the UK. There are various types of work visas, each designed to specific circumstances. Navigating the complexities of work visas requires careful consideration of eligibility criteria, documentation, and application procedures. Our team of immigration lawyers is dedicated to providing guidance and support to ensure a seamless application process for you.

        • Skilled Worker Visa: aimed at skilled individuals offered a job by a UK employer.
        • Intra-Company Transfer Visa: designed for employees transferring to a UK branch of their current employer.
        • Health and Care Worker Visa: tailored for qualified health and care professionals contributing to the UK’s healthcare system.
        • Global Talent Visa: for individuals recognised as leaders or potential leaders in the fields of science, humanities, engineering, the arts, or digital technology.
        • Start-up and Innovator Visas: for aspiring entrepreneurs (Start-up) or experienced businesspeople (Innovator) looking to establish or expand innovative businesses in the UK.

        Student Visas


        Student visas are a gateway for individuals seeking to pursue academic endeavours in the UK. Navigating the student visa process involves adherence to specific criteria, including securing admission to a recognised educational institution and demonstrating financial capacity. Our team of immigration experts is committed to providing comprehensive support, guiding students through the visa application process.

        Here are the key categories of student visas:

        • Tier 4 (General) Student Visa: applicable for individuals aged 16 or above intending to study at a UK educational institution.
        • Child Student Visa: for individuals aged 4 to 17 pursuing education at an independent school.

        Visit Visas


        Visit visas serve as a pathway for individuals looking to explore the UK for private and business various purposes. Securing a Visit Visa involves meeting specific requirements, including demonstrating the purpose of the visit, financial capability, and ties to the home country. Our team of immigration experts is dedicated to assisting individuals and organisations in navigating the visit application process with precision and ensuring a smooth experience.

        Here’s an overview of the key visit visa categories:

        • Standard Visitor Visa: Designed for individuals intending to visit the UK for tourism, business, or family reasons. It typically allows stays of up to 6 months.
        • Business Visitor Visa: Geared towards individuals coming to the UK for business-related activities, such as meetings, conferences, or training sessions, for a short duration.
        • Permitted Paid Engagement Visa: Specifically tailored for experts or specialists invited by UK-based organisations for paid engagements.

        Business Visas


        Our business immigration experts specialise in securing various business visas to facilitate seamless ventures and growth. Whether you’re engaging in short-term business activities, seeking innovation opportunities, or establishing a global presence, our comprehensive services cover a range of visas.

        • Business Visitor Visa: designed for short-term business-related activities, granting permission for visits lasting up to 6 months. Perfect for attending meetings, negotiations, and trade fairs.
        • Innovator Visa: dedicated for innovative businesses and entrepreneurs, this visa demands a robust business plan endorsed by a UK endorsing body, a minimum investment of £50,000, and compliance with language proficiency and sustenance criteria.
        • Start-up Visa: tailored for aspiring entrepreneurs, requiring a compelling business plan endorsed by a UK endorsing body, along with demonstrable business skills and English language proficiency.
        • Global Business Mobility Visa: Facilitating global mobility, this visa is designed for employees transferring within multinational companies.
        • Sponsor Licences: For businesses aiming to employ skilled workers, obtaining and managing a Sponsor Licence is crucial. Our experts ensure compliance and open doors to a diverse pool of talented individuals.

        Can the UK Government refuse visa applications?


        The British government can refuse entry to the country or deny your visa for several reasons. They can refuse you on criminal grounds if they think you have nowhere to go or sleep, or because you breach customs when you arrive.

        How can our immigration solicitor help?


        We can guide you through the difficult forms and the masses of paperwork, ensuring you file the correct documents at the right time.  We can also provide extra support if your application is successful, but you run into problems with the home office while you are here.

        How long does the UK visa application process take?


        The average waiting time to process your visa is currently 7 weeks, but the processing time can differ for each visa type. Visa applications with accompanying legal representation are processed much faster than those without.

        How much immigration services cost?

        In most instances, we operate on a Fixed Fee basis for working on your case. This means that we will agree our fees with you before we start the case and they will not change. Please note that our quoted prices are only for our professional services fees. Our prices do not include any payments that need to be made by you to a third party such as the Home Office, Court Service, UK Visa and Citizenship Application Service (UKCAS), experts or interpreters if required.

        In some circumstances, the fees may be lower or higher than the prices listed below depending on the nature/complexity of the matter, whether the applicant has been refused previously and the anticipated amount of time involved. Should an uplift be needed, that will be agreed before the work is undertaken and the reason/s for it explained.

        All professional fees include time for preparation and submission of immigration applications, submissions and appeals. The fees include: remote and in-person client meetings, consideration of documents, the taking of instructions and providing advice on the options available, law & procedure, documentary requirement, likely timescales, corresponding with other parties/experts/the Home Office/courts, keeping you updated and preparing and submitting the application/submissions/appeal as appropriate.

        Our fees also cover alerting you to any changes in the law which may have an impact on your circumstances during the course of your matter. Should urgent and/or “out of hours” work need to be undertaken, an uplift may be applied which we would agree with you.

        Open chat
        Scan the code
        SilverOak Solicitors
        Hello, how can we help you?