Is your home in need of repairs?
Is your landlord ignoring you?

Housing Disrepair Solicitors in Liverpool and Knowsley

You are in good hands!

Are you a council or housing association tenant living in a home which is making your health condition worse? Are you rent paid up to date? If your landlord has failed to carry out necessary repairs within a reasonable amount of time, you may be able to file a claim against your them. Don’t be ignored and fobbed off any longer. Contact us now and our experienced housing disrepair solicitors will fight on your behalf for your repairs and for the maximum compensation you deserve.

We work on a 100% No Win No Fee basis, but, more importantly, we will listen to you, answer your questions and give you free and impartial advice about your disrepair matter. Our success fee is both ethical and one of the lowest in the market. We have helped thousands of people in similar situations hold their social housing landlords accountable for the lack of repairs in their homes. Let us help you as well!

The housing disrepair claim check list

Can you answer yes to the following questions? If so, please get in touch so that we can discuss your case further:

Are you renting your home from the council or a housing association?

Are your rent payments up to date?

Is your landlord responsible for the disrepair?

Has the disrepair been reported to your landlord?

Has your landlord failed to repair the issue within a reasonable amount of time?

Process your disrepair claim in 3 easy steps with us

SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Talk to our experts

1. Get in Touch

Are you a council or housing association tenant? Contact us and tell us about your matter. We work on a 100% No Win No Fee basis, so you won’t pay a penny unless we win. Give as much information as you can. The more information you can provide, the better chance of successfully resolving your case. The initial assessment is always free and with no obligation to engage afterwards. Call 020 8578 7778.

SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Gathering evidences, signing paperwork

2. Build Your Case

Let our experts do all the legal work for you. We will explain what documents you need to provide so that we can process your application. Once received, our disrepair lawyers will complete and submit the necessary documents to counterparties and courts.

Housing disrepair compensation claim. Beautiful family standing in front of their house

3. Success

Remove the stress by having our disrepair lawyer by your side. Let us do the hard work. We will keep you updated every step of the way resulting in a successful outcome.

Don’t hesitate, take action now

Types of housing disrepair

Take legal action now to protect your health and safety

Get in touch with housing disrepair solicitors

We make it easy for you to speak with our disrepair experts

    Request a Call Back

    A free case assessment from one of our disrepair experts

    Who is your landlord:

    The best time to call you:

    Use the online chat on our website

    Call us on 020 8578 7778

    E-mail us

    Visit us at our office. We are open Monday-Friday 9am - 5.30pm

    When you first contact us, we will ask for some initial details. You can be assured that everything you discuss with us will be completely confidential, and any information stored by us will be in accordance with UK data protection regulations.

    At SilverOak Solicitors, we provide our clients with regular updates using a range of secure platforms such as video calls, voice calls, and secure messaging, all for your convenience!

    Read recent client reviews

    Why choose SilverOak Solicitors?

    No Win No Fee

    We work on a No Win No Fee basis for personal injury and housing disrepair claims. We only take on cases we are confident we can win. If we lose, you don’t pay our fees.

    Highly Experienced

    Our highly experienced solicitors and consultants have secured millions of pounds in compensation.

    Excellent Client Care

    You’ll have a dedicated file handler and senior solicitor working on your case so you won’t need to speak to lots of different people.

    SRA Regulated Law Firm

    We are a trustworthy SRA regulated law firm and member of The Law Society.

    Do you need legal assistance?

    Social Housing in Liverpool and Knowsley

    Liverpool council have admitted that the demand for safe, affordable social housing far outweighs the number of homes they have available. Norris Green has some 2,000 unusable homes which were built in the 1920s but falling into disrepair through lack of maintenance. If you live in Liverpool, have reported issues to your social housing landlord, but they are failing to make the necessary repairs to your home, our Housing Disrepair Solicitors can help you on a no win, no fee basis.

    Housing Associations and Council Housing in Liverpool and Knowsley offer accommodation in the following areas:

    • Stockbridge Village
    • Norris Green
    • The Boot/Norris Green Village
    • Croxteth
    • Logan Towers
    • Granby Street
    • Toxteth
    • Kirkdale
    • Webster Road

    Housing Association and Charitable Organisation Homes in Liverpool and Knowsley

    Liverpool and Knowsley have multiple resources for housing associations and charitable organisations. Despite this, there are still thousands of people on the waiting lists for accommodation. If your accommodation is provided by any of the following housing associations and they have failed to make requested repairs that are vital to your health and safety, we may be able to help you.

    Housing Association Homes in Knowsley:

    • Anchor Housing Association
    • Riverside Housing Association Ltd
    • Your Housing Group
    • For Housing
    • Sanctuary Housing
    • Plus Dane Group
    • Prima Group Housing
    • Livv Housing Group
    • Torus Housing
    • Muir Group Housing Association Ltd
    • Onward Homes

    Housing Associations in Liverpool:

    • Prima group
    • Anchor Festival Court
    • Community based Housing Association
    • Big Help Homes
    • North West Housing Services
    • Confederation of co-op housing
    • Powerhouse Foyer
    • Canning House co-op
    • Pine Court Housing Association Ltd
    • Torus – Liverpool Mutual homes
    • The Regenda Group
    • Liverpool Housing Trust

    What is considered disrepair?

    Accommodation in England and Wales must, by law, meet health, safety and sanitation standards. Disrepair refers to the state of a property that is in poor condition, or posing a threat to the health or safety of its occupants. This can include issues such as damp or mould, faulty wiring or plumbing, broken heating systems, or structural damage.

    Are you eligible to make a disrepair claim?

    If your Housing Association or Council landlord fail to make the repairs you have requested and those repairs are necessary for the health and safety of those living in your household, you can use our services to launch a claim. Our skilled housing disrepair solicitors will first help determine if your claim is valid, they will then take you through the steps of making a claim for housing disrepair.

    Contact us now and our experienced housing disrepair solicitors can facilitate a consultation. We will guide you through the housing disrepair claim one step at a time, keeping things as simple as possible so you can get back to living in a newly repaired home. We will work on getting you the maximum housing disrepair compensation on a No Win No Fee basis.

    How much can I claim for housing disrepair?

    Every housing disrepair matter varies in severity, so we cannot determine how much you may be entitled until we assess your case. This is a detailed list of the things you can claim for:

    Damage to Property:

    If your personal property has been damaged, from mould or a leak for example, you will be able to claim for the expense of replacing or repairing these items. Examples might include broken TVs, damaged bedding, clothes, carpets, and furniture.

    Personal Injury:

    Housing disrepair can cause a number of adverse health effects, including:

    • Pneumonia
    • Asthma
    • Gastrointestinal problems
    • Carbon monoxide poisoning
    • Depression and anxiety

    Furthermore, if you or a family has suffered as a result of your landlord’s negligence you can claim compensation for:

    • Medical costs
    • Aftercare
    • Medication
    • Pain and suffering

    General Inconvenience and Suffering:

    You do not need to have suffered an injury to claim compensation. You can receive compensation if the disrepair has caused you inconvenience and suffering.

    What evidence do I need to make a claim?

    Your evidence can include:

    • Photographs
    • Videos
    • Witness Statements
    • Medical Records
    • Police Records
    • Diary Entries
    • Damaged Belongings
    • Receipts

    Are you afraid of your aggressive landlord?

    If you feel nervous that your landlord may act aggressively towards you due to the fact that you have made a complaint, we can handle the settlement agreement and all the future interactions. You have nothing to worry about. Your lawyer will be the person to speak to your landlord instead of you.

    Do you need legal support making your housing disrepair claim?

    Making a housing disrepair claim

    Has your landlord failed to make repairs to your home?

    Our highly experienced housing disrepair solicitors will fight for your repairs and compensation on a NO WIN NO FEE basis. Contact us for a free consultation.

    If your rented home falls below a reasonable living standard because it has damp, mould or other issues, you could make a claim for compensation. You must have reported the issues and given your landlord a reasonable amount of time to repair the issues. If they have not you can make a claim for damage, personal injury, financial loss and/or nuisance.

    Your landlord is responsible for the above repairs irrespective of what your tenancy agreement says. Your landlord may be responsible for additional repairs stated in your tenancy agreement.

    Claims can be made either during your tenancy or after your tenancy, as long as you are making the claim within 6 years of the date that you informed your landlord of the disrepair. Personal injury claims related to housing disrepair must be made within 3 years of the date that you informed your landlord.

    Your landlord may not be responsible for repairs if they are a result of you either not taking care of the property properly or doing something unreasonable.

    Related articles to housing disrepair

    Housing disrepair solicitor near you

    Are you looking for a housing disrepair solicitor? You are in the right place. We’ve been serving the local community for years and have earned a solid reputation. We are a friendly law firm based in London with a nationwide reach. We know that the law can be very complex so it’s important to have an expert by your side. Whether you need us to help or just want to learn more about your options, we are happy to assist.

    Open chat
    Scan the code
    SilverOak Solicitors
    Hello, how can we help you?