Is your home in need of repairs?
Is your landlord ignoring you?

Housing Disrepair Solicitors in Hampshire

You are in good hands!

If you live in a council or housing association property in Portsmouth, Havant, Southampton, or any other area of Hampshire, your landlord has a duty of care to provide you with a safe home with heating and hot water. Because you live in accommodation provided by a registered social landlord, that duty of care legally obliges them to repair certain features of your home within a reasonable time. If you are up to date on your rent account, have reported a repair and that repair has not been made, you should seek the help of our housing disrepair solicitors.

We provide support to those in the Hampshire area whose landlords do not make the requested repairs. If you fall into this category, we can guide you through the process of making a claim for housing disrepair. Our expert housing disrepair solicitors work on a Risk Free, No Win No Fee basis so you won’t pay anything unless we win. Our success fee is both ethical and one of the lowest in the market.

Don’t be ignored and fobbed off any longer. Contact us now and our experienced housing disrepair solicitors will fight on your behalf for your repairs and for the maximum compensation. We will listen to you, answer your questions and give you free and impartial advice about your disrepair matter.

The housing disrepair claim check list

Can you answer yes to the following questions? If so, please get in touch so that we can discuss your case further:

Are you renting your home from the council or a housing association?

Are your rent payments up to date?

Is your landlord responsible for the disrepair?

Has the disrepair been reported to your landlord?

Has your landlord failed to repair the issue within a reasonable amount of time?

Process your disrepair claim in 3 easy steps with us

SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Talk to our experts

1. Get in Touch

Are you a council or housing association tenant? Contact us and tell us about your matter. We work on a 100% No Win No Fee basis, so you won’t pay a penny unless we win. Give as much information as you can. The more information you can provide, the better chance of successfully resolving your case. The initial assessment is always free and with no obligation to engage afterwards. Call 020 8578 7778.

SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Gathering evidences, signing paperwork

2. Build Your Case

Let our experts do all the legal work for you. We will explain what documents you need to provide so that we can process your application. Once received, our disrepair lawyers will complete and submit the necessary documents to counterparties and courts.

Housing disrepair compensation claim. Beautiful family standing in front of their house

3. Success

Remove the stress by having our disrepair lawyer by your side. Let us do the hard work. We will keep you updated every step of the way resulting in a successful outcome.

Don’t hesitate, take action now

Types of housing disrepair

Take legal action now to protect your health and safety

Get in touch with housing disrepair solicitors

We make it easy for you to speak with our disrepair experts

    Request a Call Back

    A free case assessment from one of our disrepair experts

    Who is your landlord:

    The best time to call you:

    Use the online chat on our website

    Call us on 020 8578 7778

    E-mail us

    Visit us at our office. We are open Monday-Friday 9am - 5.30pm

    When you first contact us, we will ask for some initial details. You can be assured that everything you discuss with us will be completely confidential, and any information stored by us will be in accordance with UK data protection regulations.

    At SilverOak Solicitors, we provide our clients with regular updates using a range of secure platforms such as video calls, voice calls, and secure messaging, all for your convenience!

    Read recent client reviews

    Why choose SilverOak Solicitors?

    No Win No Fee

    We work on a No Win No Fee basis for personal injury and housing disrepair claims. We only take on cases we are confident we can win. If we lose, you don’t pay our fees.

    Highly Experienced

    Our highly experienced solicitors and consultants have secured millions of pounds in compensation.

    Excellent Client Care

    You’ll have a dedicated file handler and senior solicitor working on your case so you won’t need to speak to lots of different people.

    SRA Regulated Law Firm

    We are a trustworthy SRA regulated law firm and member of The Law Society.

    Do you need legal assistance?

    Social Housing in Portsmouth, Havant, Southampton, and Throughout Hampshire

    Social housing is often provided by the local council in any given county or city. Social housing can also come in the form of charitable organisations who seek to provide short term stays to those less fortunate. For example, a charity may offer help to families on a low income by providing housing on behalf of the church, Shelter UK, or by organisations seeking to help homeless people and victims of domestic violence.

    Council housing in Hampshire is allocated through Hampshire Home Choice. Hampshire Home Choice encompasses East Hampshire District Council houses, Eastleigh Borough Council, Havant Borough Council, Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council. The council accommodation provided are often older buildings, meaning they are at greater risk of falling into disrepair. Contact our housing disrepair solicitors to start your claim if your landlord refuses to make those repairs.

    Council Housing in Hampshire Includes:

    • Paulsgrove in Portsmouth
    • Leigh Park in Havant
    • Wecock Farm in Havant
    • Townhill Park, Southampton
    • Redbridge, Southampton
    • Thornhill, Southampton
    • Weston, Southampton
    • Northam, Southampton
    • Millbrook, Southampton

    Housing Associations in Hampshire

    As well as the council housing estates maintained by Hampshire Council, you have the option to live in a housing association property. Housing associations are run by registered social landlords and can also be charitable organisations. Hampshire has a number of social homes available. These properties can be as affordable as council housing and may also be as old.

    Housing Associations in Portsmouth, Havant, and Southampton Includes:

    • Hanover Housing Association
    • Sovereign Housing Association
    • PHA Homes
    • Ability Housing Association
    • Havant Housing Association Ltd
    • Vivid Housing
    • Southern Housing
    • New Forest Villages Housing Association
    • Drum Housing Association
    • Abri

    What is considered disrepair?

    If a rental property requires repairs to ensure the safety and comfort of its occupants, it is considered to be in a state of disrepair. As per the regulations, all rental accommodations in England and Wales are required to meet basic standards of hygiene, safety, sanitation, and durability, and must be suitable for human habitation, regardless of their age or condition.

    Seek the services of a housing disrepair solicitor

    Although council and housing association properties are available for a low monthly rent, that does not exclude them from their duties as a landlord. The UK government outlines how a landlord must provide for a tenant in several acts of law. If you have requested necessary repairs and your landlord is failing to act, you should seek out our friendly, skilled team of housing disrepair solicitors to help you get the compensation you deserve. Choose us for housing disrepair claims and we will support you throughout the whole process.

    How much can I claim for housing disrepair?

    Every housing disrepair matter varies in severity, so we cannot determine how much you may be entitled until we assess your case. This is a detailed list of the things you can claim for:

    Damage to Property:

    If your personal property has been damaged, from mould or a leak for example, you will be able to claim for the expense of replacing or repairing these items. Examples might include broken TVs, damaged bedding, clothes, carpets, and furniture.

    Personal Injury:

    Housing disrepair can cause a number of adverse health effects, including:

    • Pneumonia
    • Asthma
    • Gastrointestinal problems
    • Carbon monoxide poisoning
    • Depression and anxiety

    Furthermore, if you or a family has suffered as a result of your landlord’s negligence you can claim compensation for:

    • Medical costs
    • Aftercare
    • Medication
    • Pain and suffering

    General Inconvenience and Suffering:

    You do not need to have suffered an injury to claim compensation. You can receive compensation if the disrepair has caused you inconvenience and suffering.

    What evidence do I need to make a claim?

    Your evidence can include:

    • Photographs
    • Videos
    • Witness Statements
    • Medical Records
    • Police Records
    • Diary Entries
    • Damaged Belongings
    • Receipts

    Are you afraid of your aggressive landlord?

    If you feel nervous that your landlord may act aggressively towards you due to the fact that you have made a complaint, we can handle the settlement agreement and all the future interactions. You have nothing to worry about. Your lawyer will be the person to speak to your landlord instead of you.

    Do you need legal support making your housing disrepair claim?

    Making a housing disrepair claim

    Has your landlord failed to make repairs to your home?

    Our highly experienced housing disrepair solicitors will fight for your repairs and compensation on a NO WIN NO FEE basis. Contact us for a free consultation.

    If your rented home falls below a reasonable living standard because it has damp, mould or other issues, you could make a claim for compensation. You must have reported the issues and given your landlord a reasonable amount of time to repair the issues. If they have not you can make a claim for damage, personal injury, financial loss and/or nuisance.

    Your landlord is responsible for the above repairs irrespective of what your tenancy agreement says. Your landlord may be responsible for additional repairs stated in your tenancy agreement.

    Claims can be made either during your tenancy or after your tenancy, as long as you are making the claim within 6 years of the date that you informed your landlord of the disrepair. Personal injury claims related to housing disrepair must be made within 3 years of the date that you informed your landlord.

    Your landlord may not be responsible for repairs if they are a result of you either not taking care of the property properly or doing something unreasonable.

    Related articles to housing disrepair

    Housing disrepair solicitor near you

    Are you looking for a housing disrepair solicitor? You are in the right place. We’ve been serving the local community for years and have earned a solid reputation. We are a friendly law firm based in London with a nationwide reach. We know that the law can be very complex so it’s important to have an expert by your side. Whether you need us to help or just want to learn more about your options, we are happy to assist.

    Open chat
    Scan the code
    SilverOak Solicitors
    Hello, how can we help you?