Is your home in need of repairs?
Is your landlord ignoring you?

Housing Disrepair Solicitors in Croydon

You are in good hands!

Do you rent your home from the local council or a housing association? Is your council or housing association landlord failing to make necessary repairs? Seek out our help as a team of leading housing disrepair solicitors in Croydon. If your rent payments are up to date and your landlord has not made requested repairs, you could be eligible to launch a claim for housing disrepair in Croydon.

The housing disrepair claim check list

Can you answer yes to the following questions? If so, please get in touch so that we can discuss your case further:

Are you renting your home from the council or a housing association?

Are your rent payments up to date?

Is your landlord responsible for the disrepair?

Has the disrepair been reported to your landlord?

Has your landlord failed to repair the issue within a reasonable amount of time?

Process your disrepair claim in 3 easy steps with us

SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Talk to our experts

1. Get in Touch

Are you a council or housing association tenant? Contact us and tell us about your matter. We work on a 100% No Win No Fee basis, so you won’t pay a penny unless we win. Give as much information as you can. The more information you can provide, the better chance of successfully resolving your case. The initial assessment is always free and with no obligation to engage afterwards. Call 020 8578 7778.

SilverOak Solicitors - personal injury, housing disrepair and immigration services. Gathering evidences, signing paperwork

2. Build Your Case

Let our experts do all the legal work for you. We will explain what documents you need to provide so that we can process your application. Once received, our disrepair lawyers will complete and submit the necessary documents to counterparties and courts.

Housing disrepair compensation claim. Beautiful family standing in front of their house

3. Success

Remove the stress by having our disrepair lawyer by your side. Let us do the hard work. We will keep you updated every step of the way resulting in a successful outcome.

Don’t hesitate, take action now

Types of housing disrepair

Take legal action now to protect your health and safety

Get in touch with housing disrepair solicitors

We make it easy for you to speak with our disrepair experts

    Request a Call Back

    A free case assessment from one of our disrepair experts

    Who is your landlord:

    The best time to call you:

    Use the online chat on our website

    Call us on 020 8578 7778

    E-mail us

    Visit us at our office. We are open Monday-Friday 9am - 5.30pm

    When you first contact us, we will ask for some initial details. You can be assured that everything you discuss with us will be completely confidential, and any information stored by us will be in accordance with UK data protection regulations.

    At SilverOak Solicitors, we provide our clients with regular updates using a range of secure platforms such as video calls, voice calls, and secure messaging, all for your convenience!

    Read recent client reviews

    Why choose SilverOak Solicitors?

    No Win No Fee

    We work on a No Win No Fee basis for personal injury and housing disrepair claims. We only take on cases we are confident we can win. If we lose, you don’t pay our fees.

    Highly Experienced

    Our highly experienced solicitors and consultants have secured millions of pounds in compensation.

    Excellent Client Care

    You’ll have a dedicated file handler and senior solicitor working on your case so you won’t need to speak to lots of different people.

    SRA Regulated Law Firm

    We are a trustworthy SRA regulated law firm and member of The Law Society.

    Do you need legal assistance?

    Social Housing in Croydon

    People in Croydon wait an average of 10 years for social housing. The council estimates there are 12,100 council house and housing association homes. The social housing which is available in the Croydon area is owned and managed by either the local council authorities or by housing association landlords or non-profit organisations, or a combination of both. Whether that housing allows for long-term or short-term stays depends on the owner of the property.

    These houses are spaced between the following areas:

    • South Norwood
    • Waddon
    • Guinness Court
    • Leafy Way
    • West Thornton
    • Thornton Heath
    • Broad Green
    • Fairfield
    • Selhurst

    Housing Associations in Croydon

    Registered social landlord, or housing associations, provide the people of Croydon with affordable homes. This aids those who are on lower incomes to find a home within their means. Housing associations also provide support through housing to those who have charitable status in Croydon.

    The Housing Associations in Croydon include:

    • Croydon Churches housing Association
    • Optivo – Croydon
    • Optisim Supported Housing
    • Eldon Housing Association Ltd
    • Boniface House
    • Clarion Housing Group
    • Aves Housing
    • Anchor – Leight Court

    What is considered disrepair?

    A housing disrepair is when your landlord either does not fix damage to your property despite you reminding them or does not make those repairs in reasonable time. If this happens to you, you can seek our help as a professional housing disrepair solicitor of distinction. We work on a 100% No Win No Fee basis, to help you recover compensation for council house and housing association disrepairs.

    Seek help of housing disrepair solicitors

    The plus side of living in social housing provided by the council or by a housing association or charity is that you receive a home which has affordable rent. Social housing fulfils a need by housing those with low incomes, who need temporary accommodation to get out of a bad situation, or who need a long term, stable place to stay.

    However, not every council house or housing association home is in good repair. Most current council houses were built in the 1950’s or 1960’s. Older houses like this require maintenance and repairs. If your landlord is not performing these repairs, you should seek out the services of our experienced housing disrepair solicitors to launch a housing disrepair compensation claim in Croydon.

    Are you eligible to make a disrepair claim?

    If your housing association or council landlord fails to carry out necessary repairs within a reasonable time frame and those repairs are crucial for the health and safety of those living in your household, you can use our services to launch a housing disrepair claim.

    How much can I claim for housing disrepair?

    Every housing disrepair matter varies in severity, so we cannot determine how much you may be entitled until we assess your case. This is a detailed list of the things you can claim for:

    Damage to Property:

    If your personal property has been damaged, from mould or a leak for example, you will be able to claim for the expense of replacing or repairing these items. Examples might include broken TVs, damaged bedding, clothes, carpets, and furniture.

    Personal Injury:

    Housing disrepair can cause a number of adverse health effects, including:

    • Pneumonia
    • Asthma
    • Gastrointestinal problems
    • Carbon monoxide poisoning
    • Depression and anxiety

    Furthermore, if you or a family has suffered as a result of your landlord’s negligence you can claim compensation for:

    • Medical costs
    • Aftercare
    • Medication
    • Pain and suffering

    General Inconvenience and Suffering:

    You do not need to have suffered an injury to claim compensation. You can receive compensation if the disrepair has caused you inconvenience and suffering.

    What evidence do I need to make a claim?

    Your disrepair evidence can include:

    • Photographs
    • Videos
    • Witness Statements
    • Medical Records
    • Police Records
    • Diary Entries
    • Damaged Belongings
    • Receipts

    Start a housing disrepair claim in Croydon

    We can pursue your council or housing association landlords to force them into making the requested repairs. Our friendly, dedicated team of housing disrepair solicitors can start building your case from the moment you reach out to us. We offer a free initial consultation and we work with you to settle our successful fee from the outset. We can guide you through the claim making process and complete your case in three simple steps. When you choose us for housing disrepair claims in Croydon, we will be with you every step of the way. Give our team a call on 020 8578 7778 today.

    Are you afraid of your aggressive landlord?

    If you feel nervous that your landlord may act aggressively towards you due to the fact that you have made a complaint, we can handle the settlement agreement and all the future interactions. You have nothing to worry about. Your lawyer will be the person to speak to your landlord instead of you.

    Do you need legal support making your housing disrepair claim?

    Making a housing disrepair claim

    Has your landlord failed to make repairs to your home?

    Our highly experienced housing disrepair solicitors will fight for your repairs and compensation on a NO WIN NO FEE basis. Contact us for a free consultation.

    If your rented home falls below a reasonable living standard because it has damp, mould or other issues, you could make a claim for compensation. You must have reported the issues and given your landlord a reasonable amount of time to repair the issues. If they have not you can make a claim for damage, personal injury, financial loss and/or nuisance.

    Your landlord is responsible for the above repairs irrespective of what your tenancy agreement says. Your landlord may be responsible for additional repairs stated in your tenancy agreement.

    Claims can be made either during your tenancy or after your tenancy, as long as you are making the claim within 6 years of the date that you informed your landlord of the disrepair. Personal injury claims related to housing disrepair must be made within 3 years of the date that you informed your landlord.

    Your landlord may not be responsible for repairs if they are a result of you either not taking care of the property properly or doing something unreasonable.

    Related articles to housing disrepair

    Housing disrepair solicitor near you

    Are you looking for a housing disrepair solicitor? You are in the right place. We’ve been serving the local community for years and have earned a solid reputation. We are a friendly law firm based in London with a nationwide reach. We know that the law can be very complex so it’s important to have an expert by your side. Whether you need us to help or just want to learn more about your options, we are happy to assist.

    Open chat
    Scan the code
    SilverOak Solicitors
    Hello, how can we help you?